- About Us
- Investor Relations
- Board of Directors/
- Press Releases
- In The News
Translate this page
Thank you for your interest in a career with Customers Bank.
Our team members are one of our most valuable assets. We are committed to delivering: training, support from management at all levels, competitive pay and benefits to our team members.
Please submit your resume to [email protected]
Do you enjoy helping people build their financial future? You will be responsible for developing, soliciting and negotiating new business and loan referrals using a network of resources, such as, Realtors/Brokers, Homebuilders, retail bank branches and business organizations. You'll also be responsible for maintaining and developing existing relationships with marketing alliances in order to increase capture rates and increase profitability.
- Utilize and develop a network of resources for mortgage loan business development and solicitation for new business.
- Utilize, manage and market to a database of customer contacts.
- Maintain a positive sales environment by educating potential borrowers, Real Estate Agents and Homebuilder sales representatives on the Company's products and services; create and deliver presentations when necessary.
- Complete thorough loan applications by communicating with perspective applicants and obtain specified information relating to the loan or credit application; correspond with applicant via telephone, email or in-person to resolve any questions regarding application information.
- Perform prequalification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within the Company's credit policies and programs, as well as all state and federal lending regulations (FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Conventional, Conforming, Rural Housing Development, Bond and Portfolio).
- Negotiate rate, terms and conditions of the loan.
- Lock loans on time and in the correct product type to avoid fall-out.
- Collect up-front fees from applicant.
- Submit complete loan application, including all required documents and disclosures, and coordinate the process with assigned processing center.
- Input loans into appropriate Automated Underwriting System (AUS), such as DU or LP, for underwriting decision.
- Assist with, and solve, issues relating to processing, underwriting and closing of loans within employee's loan pipeline.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Represent the Company in various community and civic functions to enhance the Company's image and develop additional business.
- Consistently apply superior decision making techniques relating to applicant inquiries, approvals, and requests as they pertain to existing policies, regulations and procedures.
- Maintain compliance on all loan files and pipeline.
- Ability to plan for contingencies and anticipate problems and identify risks.
- Ability to negotiate persuasively to produce positive outcomes.
- Ability to effectively listen and respond to customers' needs.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong desire to satisfy one's internal and external customers by displaying superior customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate corporate responsibility by living our core values – Superior Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Hard Work, and Long Term Commitment.
- Ability to instill trust and confidence from others.
- Ability to effectively convey and receive ideas, information, and directions.
- Ability to exhibit professional written and verbal communication at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain work relationships and contacts needed to effectively address issues and obstacles.
- Ability to value contribution of all team members and is effective at resolving workplace conflicts.
- Ability to establish positive rapport with customers.
- Ability to seek out new and creative ways to provide solutions to the customer's needs.
- Ability to demonstrate solid selling skills and techniques.
- Ability to influence others to gain commitment.
- Ability to maintain an intense optimism and focus on achieving goals even under adversity.
- Ability to recover quickly from setbacks and rejections.
- Ability to maintain and foster strong partnerships with customers.
- Ability to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the cycle of the sales process with support and service.
- Ability to complete all required training courses on time.
- Ability to identify customer needs and adapt sales presentations effectively.
- Must have an active state NMLS unique identifier. MLO license, and documented continuing Education credits in each state where business is to be conducted is a plus.
- High-school diploma or GED and a minimum.
- 1-year lending origination experience.
- Strong PC skills, including Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Solid knowledge of state and local real estate markets.
This position plays an important role in the support of the bank’s Business and Commercial customers with respect to cash management and banking products and services.The primary role of the Commercial Operations Specialist is to drive customer satisfaction through the effective setup of the customer’s commercial products and services. The primary responsibility of the Commercial Operations team is to manage the onboarding process for all business and commercial customers with their Cash Management service requests. The products and services managed by the team include Business Online Banking, Wires, ACH, Remote Deposit Capture, Sweeps, ICS/CDARs, Lockbox, etc. The team also directly supports the single point of contact for any system issues or training needs which does include direct customer contact.
- The quick and effective setup of commercial products and services for the Commercial and Business Banking teams
- Support of the bank’s commercial and business customers for all their product and service needs
- Quickly resolve customer issues and complaints
- Identify and suggest process improvement for the department
- Handle escalated issues and coordinates solutions with the vendor
- Manage audit request and responses, as needed
- Help write and maintain departmental procedures and forms
- Professional with at least 2-3 years of banking experience
- Understanding of commercial banking services and products
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of federal and local banking regulations
- Attention to detail required
- Able to work well under pressure and time sensitive deadlines
- Knowledge of all business products including, business online banking, bill pay, Remote Deposit, ACH, Wires, positive pay, sweeps, mobile, etc
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
This candidate will need to be flexible and able to adjust to a fast moving and changing environment.
A Loan Processor is responsible for gathering required documents, inputting or updating information into the centralized loan origination system. Additional responsibilities include verification or validation of data, monitoring for compliance with state and federal regulations, communicating loan status with internal and external clients. Performance of work is in an office environment. Loan Processors must frequently interact with loan originators, underwriters, loan applicants, and third party vendor representatives. The Loan Processor reports to the Underwriting Manager.
- Ability to handle high volume and work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills area imperative.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to work well under pressure and time sensitive deadlines.
- Familiarity with regulations governing mortgage lending.
- Ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Recent Conventional, FHA, VA and/or USDA processing experience is ideal.
- Well adept and experienced working with Encompass
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Required Experience/ Minimum Qualifications
- At least 5 years Mortgage Loan Processing Experience Required.
Newtown Square Branch, PA
Customers Bank Personal Bankers are key members of our Retail Branch Team. This Team supports our Single Point of Contact (SPOC) model which allows us to always put our customers first. At Customers Bank, our focus is to help our customers by: making them more money; saving them more money; protecting their money; saving them time; and lending them money.
- Prior Banking/ Financial Services knowledge/ experience preferred
- Proven sales ability
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize day to day responsibilities
- Compliance with Bank policy and procedures as well as Federal regulations
A Post Closing manager is responsible for training and supervision of a team of post closers in order to meet departmental goals. The Post Closing Manager will also be expected to handle a pipeline of files as necessary. Additional responsibilities include participation in process improvement initiatives, deficiency trend monitoring and correction.
- Assembly and delivery of complete loan file to investor for purchase.
- Review loan documents for compliance, completeness, and accuracy.
- Obtains missing information, prepares files.
- Provides support to internal and external customers.
- Submits files to the purchasing investor in a timely manner.
- Works with clients to clear the loan for purchase.
- 3-5 Years Managerial Experience in a mortgage post-closing unit.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws.
- Familiarity working with MERS electronic registry system.
- Able to work well under pressure and time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong Inter-personal skills and the ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Working knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional guidelines.
- Familiarity with various Investor guidelines, websites, and protocol.
- Solid computer skills; include Microsoft Office products, EllieMae experience is ideal.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing Regulatory Reports and the General Ledger Reconciliation process. The position will also provide assistance with the month-end close, financial reporting activities and project-based assignments as necessary. This position does not have direct reports.
- Prepare Regulatory Reports - CALL report, FRY9C, FRY9LP, FRY6, FRY8, FR2314, FR2900, and Summary of Deposits
- Liaison with other departments to resolve general ledger reconciliation items
- Prepare and collect the Bank, Holding Company and Subsidiary Company reconciliations
- Prepare the outstanding general ledger reconciliation outstanding item report monthly
- Reconcile vault cash daily
- Prepare variance explanations for Day 3 close meeting
- Prepare investment sharing revenue entries monthly
- Monitor internal DDA accounts and outstanding cashier’s checks
- Prepare warehouse cash account reconciliation daily
- Working knowledge of applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, their application to financial statements, as well as overall financial reporting
- Strong analytic skills
- Functional knowledge of general ledger and/or other deposit and loan application systems is a plus
- Previous experience supporting multiple department personnel a plus
- Proficient with MS Office products (Excel, Word)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Required Experience/ Minimum Qualifications
- 2-5 years minimum of related accounting/finance experience, preferably in a Financial Service environment or equivalent experience
- An undergraduate degree from accredited University in Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA designation or graduate degree in business is a plus
The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Community Reinvestment Act Compliance Program. This position establishes, participates and maintains relationships with community- based, charitable, and non-profit organizations. The CRA Officer develops and implements programs to ensure the Bank meets the needs of the community and attains CRA compliance goals. The CRA Officer reports to and advises the Fair & Responsible Banking Officer and Senior Management of emerging CRA issues to ensure objectives are maintained.
- Monitor The Bank's CRA Program.
- Coordinate, document and review lending, investment and service activity.
- Periodic review of Bank's assessment area to ensure reasonableness of the delineation.
- Ensure compliance with the CRA data collection, reporting, and disclosure requirements.
- Maintain relevant CRA reports and files, including data and documentation.
- Create and update a CRA Policy and related documents.
- Create forms and spreadsheets to track CRA performance.
- Provide CRA training to employees and management as needed.
- Adjust the CRA Program as necessary.
- Analyze CRA Lending Components.
- Analyze current demographic data, determine the appropriateness of existing products and services, and recommend changes to management where necessary.
- Analyze and document components of the lending test utilizing CRA Wiz software (as well as other technical resources) to track CRA performance and present reports to management.
- Maintain CRA Public File, maintain CRA main office and branch Public Files.
- Update bank products/service, the CRA Performance Evaluation, assessment area, new and closed branches, maps, census tracts, and HMDA data as needed.
- Facilitate The CRA Committee.
- Schedule and organize Committee meetings on a periodic basis.
- Serve as Chairman of the Committee and create meeting agenda.
- Coordinate gathering of CRA-related information for the meeting.
- Make recommendations to improve the Bank's CRA position in the community.
- Review new products and services to ensure they are designed to meet the needs of the community.
- Review lending products to ensure they represent safe and sound credit programs, while adequately designed to meet the needs of low or moderate income individuals or neighborhoods.
- Review investments benefiting low and moderate income individuals or neighborhoods.
- Respond To Internal And External Audits.
- Coordinate review of CRA Program with regulatory examiners during CRA examinations.
- Furnish examiners with requested information.
- Coordinate with the internal and independent auditors to ensure that compliance issues are adequately addressed.
- Keep Abreast Of CRA Complaints.
- Responsible for handling verbal or written complaint(s) that impact the Bank's CRA performance and assist in issuing a response to the complaint.
- Maintain copy of complaints, responses and supporting documentation in the main office Public File.
- Develop A Library Of CRA Resources.
- Collect updated CRA-related material to assist staff with CRA compliance.
- Provide informational assistance to loan officers, branch personnel, management, auditors, and community groups.
Required Experience/ Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in community development work, nonprofit management, public policy initiatives, philanthropy, or banking/lending experience.
- Experience in innovative program development, charitable contributions and/or Foundation grant-making and impact measurement.
- Thorough understanding of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Fair Lending regulatory requirements and laws.
- Knowledge of the issues in affordable housing, financial capability, asset building, small business and microenterprise development and college access.
- Existing relationships with public and nonprofit sector policy makers (Current relationships within South Florida, primarily Broward and Palm Beach counties.
- Excellent organizational skills, creative, strategic, and analytical skills.
- Strong relationship and project management skills; ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Candidate must possess great energy, fresh ideas and be able to work, at times, through ambiguity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong bilingual ability.
- Strong technical knowledge of Excel, Word processing and PowerPoint.
Customers Bank will provide consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.